ABOUT OUR LEARNING PLACEMENTS
Our nourish eu Learning Placements took place in year two of the project and embedded learners in an industrial setting with food businesses who facilitated practical learning placements. Prior to embarking on their work experience, learners availed of training and new skills to further their food sector employment opportunities. Learners were coached on topics drawn from our nourish eu course curriculum which they then put in practice on their placement. For example, in Ireland, learners were coached on lean and green topics which they applied to a short audit and improvement plan for their host businesses.
SUMMARY OF THE ACTIVITY
- 50 applied learning placements carried out in Northern Ireland, Ireland, Hungary
- Target – unemployed adults
- Learners completed a 60 hour learning placement
- Utilised connections to Food Universities and Colleges
- Connected with local and regional job centers and agencies
- Online and Offline Dissemination – social media etc.
RECRUITING HOST COMPANIES
- Companies involved in our Strategic Partnerships provided the majority of the work placements
LEARNING PLACEMENT GALLERY
FEEDBACK FROM LEARNERS
“It has been a very useful placement, the training made me tune in and think about the food business and where improvements could be made.”
” I enjoyed the lean and green training. It also made me more aware of how to save more money by using the steps given so it was very practical.”
“Really enjoyed it”